Socktastic

5.22.2007

Even though I'm a new knitter sock fever has grabbed me and won't let go. I blame it on Lime and Violet's podcast, because you know they made me listen at gunpoint. I went from only having 9 skeins of alpaca for the sweater in previous posts to having a whole drawer full of sock yarn. And I have carts of more sock yarn saved all over the net.
My mother actually requested a pair of socks for Christmas so it was time to get out the double points and make the first sock. I'm working with Fearless Fibers superwash Merino Wool in the Midnight Passion colorway. The pictures do not do this yarn justice, the color changes from a plum like purple to a cooler grape purple with flecks of a lighter value purple here and there. Everyone who sees me knitting in person really likes the color. I'm knitting the Uptown Boot Sock pattern from Interweave's book "Favorite Socks, 25 Timeless Designs"(yum). Frog and Nugget are checking on my progress last week as I finished up the leg. Chicken Nugget being the more adventurous one picked the pointy end.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi pixel perfect web designs