How to photograph a sock?

6.20.2007

Truthfully when I put on my first sock I wasn't happy. It seemed like the ribbing was a little loose and there were stitches near the heel flap that aren't tight enough. I took it off and disgustedly thought that I'd have to rip the whole thing out. But I put it away for a couple of weeks while I started the "Somewhat Cowl."
The next time I put the sock on the same flaws were there, but suddenly that sock seemed to be the most comfortable thing in the world. I walked around with the one sock on for an hour until it was time to leave for work. I was sad that I didn't have it's mate to put on and wear out of the house. Then it fit me like a lead weight that all those other knitters were right, hand knitted socks are the best thing in the world. So I've put my sweater down long enough to get that second sock a little further. So these socks are going from being a Christmas present for my mother, to being a present for me. She has wide feet anyway and I don't think they would fit her as comfortably ....... that's my story and I'm sticking to it. I'll make her a nice sock with ribbing across the foot instead and everyone will be happy.
Meanwhile the fluffy children find uses for the lone sock. I swear they get along fine most of the time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi pixel perfect web designs