Everything happens at once

4.30.2008

John Lennon said, "Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans." In my experience life likes to find a couple tightly scheduled weeks and throw in some extra stuff. Stuff like a huge traffic jam on the way home from visiting my mother for her birthday. And my husband's grandmother having a major stroke the week of Maryland Sheep and Wool. And the office Mexican cook off being the Monday after all this, people are depending on me for rice and beans! Some of it is fun, some is silly, some sad, but all of it is exhausting. But I'm going to take a page from my husband and be positive... and ignore him and go to bed early. (He is almost always positive but he never goes to bed early)

I'm very glad that I didn't have to title this post the good, the bad, and the ugly because these Renia socks turned out great. I was having an ugly time with the second lily of the valley sock yesterday but that was all operator error. Don't knit at 1am, especially nups!
Anyway Jen of Woolgirl puts together a very nice sock club package. I've also had very good luck with the yarn colors that Jen has chosen in the past, liking most of them immediately. The only one color that I didn't like at first was Irish dreams, but they've turned into one of my favorite socks to wear. This purple color from Mama Llama was right up my alley, being a lover of all things blue and purple. The yarn in the skien was gorgeous but I also think the way the purple tones variegate in the completed sock is wonderful. Since this was Mama Llama's "Perfect" sport weight sock it only look a week to knit the pair. Yippe! The pattern is ribbed around the back of the leg makes for a snug, but not too snug fit. I really like these socks and give them an A+.

2 comments:

  1. Purple-y goodness! Looks like the color of the lone Iris that's blooming outside.

    Do you have turn-down cuffs on them, or is that some kind of braid-type stitch?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cuff is a couple rows of purling, then some ribbing with a smocking like wrap in the middle, finished up with a few more rows of purling. I didn't think that cuff would stay up well but it actually does. Who knew.

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi pixel perfect web designs