Thank you and Good Night

8.20.2014


The Summer Sundress Sew-a-long officially wrapped up on Monday and I wanted to give a big "Thank You!" to everyone who participated. Frog and I'd love to give you a hug and some cookies too, but there's the whole problem of geography to deal with. Also Frog ate all the cookies. How he gets into the tin with no opposable thumbs is a mystery for the ages.

The number of people who did hop on the sewing band wagon far surpassed my expectations. Sixty nine group members in total and wow, so many beautiful garments! Some of you are lucky that we aren't the same size, cause you might find an empty hanger in the closet one morning. The dress napper strikes again!

All jokes aside, I looked forward to checking the group for new photos every day. All of you so inspiring with your makes and the stories that went with them. Some people dusted off some old FO's and finished them up. Other's tried new techniques that were a little scary. And a lot of us grabbed a favorite pattern and made another dress that we absolutely love. Ahhh it made my tiny Grinch heart grow two sizes.

XOXOXOX
Heather and Frog

P.S. If life got in the way and you didn't get your sundress project done in time, no worries. Feel free to upload it to the group when ever you do.

9 comments:

  1. This was a fun excuse to sew sundresses! Good plan, Mrs. B!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for putting it together! I loved the motivation and I too loved popping into the group to see new makes! I can't believe it's over already! I'm not really for September!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Heather. Such fun to see everyone's else's makes. Now let's do a Autumn snuggly things sew-a-long :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yea! I'm glad you had a good time with it Gillian.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your welcome Heather. I think you are are group star for makes. You've been whipping them off the machine like a demon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your welcome Cheryl. I like your Autumn snuggly things idea. Hmmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad you enjoyed it Kate!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so annoyed that I didn't get on with making my dress. Now it's chilly and I feel like I should start on my autumn sewing, so you might have to wait until next year to see the pandas in all their glory.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's OK Laura. The pandas will be glorious next year. :)

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi pixel perfect web designs